One of my goals of this year is saving money; I'm planning on doing a trip with a friend and explore new things. Also another one of my goals is to keep up with this blog and create more recipes for you lovely readers. As you already know my recipes tend to be easy, convenient and delicious, remember that I'm an university student and my time is packed.
The main purpose of this blog is show you a basic guide to make healthier, convenient choices at my favorite place AKA Whole Foods Market, of course. One place to have delicious, all ready prepared meals, self care, and a whole of variety of products to make your and my life easier while taking care of your body at the same time. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Kids, AIP, no matter your type of lifestyle it got's you cover.
Eating Healthy: Delicious, Easy, Quick with no Fails!
Specially this time of the year when is so cold outside and you don't want to go out from your warm house, or you are super busy shopping online is a great option! I'm guilty of browsing products in websites, grocery shopping is just as fun, plus you can select specific characteristics in your produce (win win!). Here's the link to shop at Whole Foods Market.
Getting your greens and fruit
- Personally I love buying washed and pre-cut leafy greens, it saves me time and ready for any emergency.
- Get different fun colors to make colorful salads, this way you get different nutrients and doesn't look like the classic plain salad.
- Fave fruits from season or that are great to pack, apples, grapes, blueberries, melon, etc.
- Prevent wasting food and freeze your veggies and fruits to make smoothies.
Stock your freezer
- Save in frozen veggies: brussels sprouts, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Buying frozen foods saves money and you can roast them, add them to soups, steam them whenever you want.
- One thing that I always have on hand and stocked in my freezer are chicken burgers, sausages, and other meats. I get meat that only need a quick heating in a skillet or raw (one pan meals are life savers!).
Take meal prep to another level
- If you know me, you know that I'm a sauce person! I'm always adding them to anything, veggies, eggs, meats. Giving my meal a nice touch, marinaras and salsas are my top!
Pantry on Point
Almond milk, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, marinara and pasta is always in stock! I love making treats with coconut milk, pumpkin puree and cozy turmeric, matcha and coffee lattes with almond milk. And marinaras, as I mentioned before I love adding it them to veggies and other dishes!
Check on the Weekly Deals and Monthly Coupons!
Don't underestimate the little booklet with offers, they come with great discounts. Another tip that I can give you is to go to the grocery store with time, that way you can browse through the aisles, discover new sales, products and compare them. Grab a drink at the hot bar and enjoy your walk (wink wink).
Hope that was helpful, that works for me so well and I hope it does for you as well! Happy New Year friends!