I've stared to write this blog post for the last 30 minutes and I can't come up with any idea, I have been spending most of my day at school and probably not getting enough time to rest. I feel like my brain is a little bit tired to think something besides school stuff! I'm not complaining because even though the stuff I just told you this past few weeks have been great, and I'm grateful for that!
On the weekend I decided I wanted to relax by doing some baking, chocolate is never something to doubt about so I created some protein bars that turned out addictive... seriously, so good! They are the perfect snack, or treat during the day. The ingredients make this bars low carb, packed with healthy fats such as coconut oil and egg, plus good quality protein again from he egg (organic pasture raised have more omega 3) and organic vegan protein from 22 Days Nutrition.
My sister is a chocolate junky, the zucchini in them were not an issue at all, she was digging them... a lot! I had to hide some in the fridge haha! So trust me, the recipe is good! Here's what I did.
INGREDIENTS (9 bars)
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded.
- 6 Tbsp of coconut oil (you can do half coconut oil, half ghee).
- 1 egg.
- 1/2 cup of monk fruit sweetener.
- 4 scoops of 22 Days Nutrition - Chocolate Organic Protein
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- 1 tsp of cinnamon.
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Mix all the ingredients until you get a nice smooth consistency. Pour the mix in a greased 8x8 baking dish.
3. Bake for 40 minutes.
4. Let cool, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving) 152 kcal
Fat: 11.7 g
Carbs: 1.4 g
Protein: 9.8 g