I'm impressed by how the year goes, fall in getting closer and with it all the delicious seasonal veggies! I cannot wait to create seasonal recipes because this is probably my favorite season of all, kind of basic but true.
Today I feel so happy to share these new sweet potato pili nut bars, freezer friendly, paleo and egg free. This was my first time trying beef gelatin instead of eggs, although these bars don't require baking, I love how they turned out.
Reasons why I loved this recipe:
- It contains pili nuts* AKA my favorite nut ever, have you heard of it before? They are a great source of minerals (actually they are the highest nut in magnesium! they also contain copper and manganese), it's high in antioxidants which will support cardiovascular health! Well, these are delicious as well!
- Who doesn't love sweet potatoes? High it carotenoids, a powerful antioxidant in deep orange vegetables, honestly we will be kidding ourselves by saying that this is a seasonal root... this is on our menu all year long!
-They are freezer friendly, actually they need to stay in the freezer if you be eating all of them the same day. But who doesn't love having a treat ready to eat in the freezer? I do!
- Perfect if you can tolerate eggs! Beef gelatin for the win baby!
Just a few reasons why you'll love this recipe as much as I did, they were super easy and delicious!
INGREDIENTS (Makes 9)
- 1 cup of plain pili nuts "PURELYHL" for discount
- 4 Tbsp of beef gelatin
- 200g of sweet potato (roasted)
- 1/3 cup of monk fruit sweetener (or any sweetener of choice)
- 2 Tbsp (16g) of coconut milk in powder*
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of maca (optional)
- 1 tsp of grounded ginger
- 1/2 cup of water
- In a food processor add the pili nuts and pulse for 20 seconds. Add the roasted sweet potato, and the spices.
- Add the beef collagen, water, coconut milk and monk fruit and process until you get a nice smooth consistency.
- Pour the mix in a 8x8 dish and freeze. Cut into 9 pieces and enjoy!
* Use PURELYHL for a discount on Eat Pili Nuts or Cave Shake.
Nutritional Information (per serving) 127 kcal