I love cooking, but one of my favorite parts of cooking is to create new dishes. I probably got this from my dad, he is always creating new things and doing a great job at it! I love having to spend time in the kitchen with him for all the fun and lessons, who's inspires you to cook the way you do?
Today I want to share this recipe that I've made with my dad a lot of times, I'm always his sous-chef so I know this recipe like the palm of my hand. It's been a while since we made it but so glad we did! Forgot how tasty it is!
If you are into meal prepping this recipe is also for you! My dad used to make extra so he could have some for job during the week, and we also freeze a little bit and the flavor and consistency stays the same. These can be eaten by itself, on tacos, tostadas, lettuce wraps, etc. It's up to you to make your own variation. It will also be great for gatherings since you can make a huge batch on a wok.
I have to point our that it's important to used smoked tuna or shredded cooked salmon since normal tuna won't add the same flavor. We get smoked tuna at our local fish market.
Another things that I adore about this recipe is that is has so many veggies but yet, so simple...It's all about the basics! Tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, garlic, chipotle...
Try more recipes here
- Creamy Spinach Salmon Skillet
- Shrimp Enchilada Zucchini Boats
- Creamy Chicken Skillet
- Enchilada Chicken Skillet
Chipotle Smoked Tuna Skillet
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
- 2 lb of shredded smoked tuna
- 5 chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups of diced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup of diced onion
- 3 big garlic cloves
- 1 can of Salsa El Pato
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped chipotle peppers
- Lemon Juice
1. Preheat a pan in slow heat, once it's ready, add the garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
2. Add the diced onion until it gets soft, then add the smoked tuna and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, move the mix for 1 minute then add the chipotle pepper and salsa.
4. Add the mushrooms, cover the pan and put the pan in low heat. Let it cook until your mushrooms get nice and soft.
5. Serve, with a salad, on tacos or tostadas with some cilantro and lemon juice.
This post contains affiliate links.