So I've been having a couple of relaxing days lately and my to do list is long. By the "To-do" list I mean fun things what I want to do; baking, cooking, write blogpost, workout, have some self care time with face masks and other fun things.
In that do to list I wanted to do something savory, I've noticed that mostly of my recipes in here are sweet in the low carb approach. And guess what! One intention is to share more diversity here, so this is a great recipe to break the sweet break in here.
I had some plantain chips, one of my favorite kind made with simple ingredients and a lot of flavor, and as a base I used sweet potatoes! My old favorite: easy to get, cheap, gluten free and has a thick and nice flavor to recipes!
Have you tried my Unicorn Paleo Blondies!? I used purple sweet potatoes as a base and they look so darn cute! You can check the recipe here and delight your palate with those babies!
Okay, back to this recipe! I got amazing compliments from my family telling me they were splendid and they were glad that I changed up the sweet treats that I always give them to try! These will be amazing to pair your delicious meals, and adding some plantain chips on top just adds the perfect crunch to them!
I've been also loving Goat Ghee! Have you tried it yet!? It's so good, I think it adds more flavor to recipes compared to normal ghee... don't get me wrong! I love love ghee and I use it daily but goat ghee is amazing and it contains lots of incredible nutrients but you can use normal ghee or coconut oil if you prefer it! I'm just passing on the hype for goat ghee, specially if you are super sensitive to lactose!
Can you guess another awesome thing about this recipe? you only need a BLENDER! Double win! They are extremely easy to make, not that much of a mess required and they are also freezer friendly! Ready to start baking? Preheat your oven!
Try more recipes here!
- Bacon Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Skillet
- Italian Rainbow Chicken Skillet
- Amazing Chipotle Vegan Burgers
- Magical Cauliflower Mini Patties
"Cheesy" Plantain Biscuits
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
INGREDIENTS (Serves 12)
- 250g (2 cups) of raw sliced sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp of Goat Ghee
- 1 1/4 cup of plantain chips
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- pepper and italian spices to taste
- 1/4 water
1. In a pot broil the sliced sweet potatoes until they are soft and tender in the center.
2. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked and cooled. Preheat the oven at 350F.
3. In a blender add your ingredients and and pulse until it's all consistent.
4. Pour the mix in 12 equal muffin cups.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
6. Let me cool down and ENJOY!
Nutritional Facts (per serving) 97 kcal
This post contains affiliate links.