Recently I was listening to a podcast, the hosts were talking about our favorite food or comfort food. They were explaining that our comfort food always involves a feeling, giving it a sentimental value that brings back a memory. Think... what's your favorite comfort food?
I have a lovely aunt... everything she cooks is exquisite, as a picky eater I loved everything she served, even her veggie dishes! Now, everytime I eat something loaded on veggies, warm, such as chicken soup, meatball soup or Italian casseroles my mind flies back to those days when she used to take care of me and my sister while my parents were working.
I decided to play around with the veggies I had in my fridge plus some foods that I had in my pantry to create something warming for the soul and I hope this brings you a sentimental value, as well as enjoying this comforting veggie loaded meal.
Another things that I love about this is that the ingredients are whole! No weird things, just a nutritious and comforting meal hard to hate! I've been eating and cooking a lot with eggplants and basically this recipe loaded with it! All the micronutrients are included with every single ingredient here.
Another of my favorite savory recipes:
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
Chipotle Smoked Tuna
Albacore Tuna Fajita Muffins
"Cheesy" Plantain Biscuits
Comforting Italian Veggie Casserole
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4-8)
- 1 Eggplant
- 1/2 chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup of spaghetti squash
- 1 cup of sliced canned artichokes
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- 1 tsp or dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/3 cup of water or broth
1. Preheat the oven at 305F.
2. Slice the eggplant and place it in a 8x8 baking dish.
3. Add the rest of the vegetables.
4. In bowl mix the crushed tomatoes with seasonings and water, then pour in the dish with the vegetables.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Let it cool, serve and ENJOY!
This post contains affiliate links.