Hello everyone! Welcome to another post and a brand new recipe. This week has been great great great and I'm thankful for opportunities, inspiration and how freaking unexpected life can be. I know that this is a recipe blogpost but I want to remind you to stay positive, add some flavor to this world, your good and sweet flavor!
Speaking of good flavor, this is a delicious recipe:
- Easy to Make
I mean who doesn't love a simple recipe? Specially when you are busy being a badass. This recipe is going to be perfect as it nourish your soul and body. This recipe was as usual inspired by the goods from my fridge and my staples AKA broccoli, chicken and tomatoes. These are always stocked on my fridge because of their versality, nutrient quality and because I just love them!
Some of the things that are great to have in stock is cans of diced tomato (always read ingredients and be sure you are only getting tomatoes), chicken breasts in the freezer, broccoli (I get a huge bag from Costco) along other veggies that are great for meal prep. I also have some other goodies in my freezer that make my life easier.
You know me, and if you are following me on my Instagram account you know that I'm all about keeping things simple, as a nutritionist, my purpose is to inspire amazing people to nourish their bodies and I know that with all the information out there things can get confusing. So here's the truth:
Eating delicious and nourishing food is simple. Stick to the basics. Forget the labels, diets, etc. Try different things with your body and find what makes you feel the best weather that's paleo, low carb, keto, whole 30, carnivore, vegan.
Anyways, here's a simple recipe that I loved and it's perfect for those days when you are feeling like extra comfort because this hits the spot!
- Heart warming
And if you asked me, I could eat a comfort food everyday and I won't be mad (not even a bit) and the good thing here is that is's extremely easy and nourishing!
Check out more similar recipes!
- Comforting Italian Veggie Casserole
- Paleo Ceviche
- Creamy Spinach Salmon Skillet
- Cozy Turkey Meatball Soup
Broccoli and Chicken Italian Skillet
By Maria Fernanda López
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups of raw broccoli
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 1/2 tbsp of dried Italian herbs
- 1 tsp of real salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 scoop of Natural Force Unflavored bone broth
1. Preheat our oven or air fryer. (oven at 350F and air fryer at 400F).
2. Add salt, black pepper and herbs to chicken and cook; 35 minutes on both methods.
3. In a heated iron skillet add broccoli and cook for 8 minutes moving from time to time.
4. Incorporate the mushrooms and let them cook for 4 minutes.
5. Add the diced tomatoes and mix.
6. Pour the water and bone broth to the skillet, add more salt and black pepper to taste.
7. Once the chicken is cooked add them to the skillet and let them soak the flavors in low heat for five minutes.
8. Serves and enjoy!