I know this for fact as a nutritionist and from life experience that some people find seafood hard to love. This happens mostly with kids, they find it tasteless, boring and with a weird smell; and I know that for fact that seafood is very good for use since it provides healthy unsaturated fats that nourish our brain.
You can even get the benefits of eating fish by only having it ONCE a week, that's true. So, do we have a deal?
That's the kind of deal I made with my dad. This is a man that I love and really care about and the man that eats like... well, without giving it a real thought. Although he cares bout his health he is just once of those people who you just cannot convince him to eat healthier
Those those picky eaters I have a simple recipe with a key ingredients that almost nobody can resist. CHEESE. If you don't have issues with dairy I encourage you to give this a shot! It never fails for some reason.
- Buy organic pasture raised cheese! It contains more nutritional values due the diet that the cow has. This makes that the cheese has a major content of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Buy fish with a sustainable label (such as MSC), wild caught or tested from mercury.
Those are little tips that make a HUGE difference. Our bodies work so hard and so perfectly every single day by keeping us alive and fighting strange unavoidable toxins that they deserve the best foods.
This recipe has all the goods we need:
- High quality protein
- Healthy fats
- Micronutrients: vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
I decided to give my salmon cooking method a twist with some tri-colored bell peppers and some onions AKA fajita mix, my favorite! And a Mexican classic! I usually prepare this with some chicken but this time it was salmons turn to join the fajita fiesta.
A good low carb, keto, gluten free and extremely easy recipe! In this recipe I used my air fryer (still obsessed!) because I have been loving how great salmon turns out in there. Juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
If there's a kitchen supply that was worth every single penny, my air fryer is definitely one of them. The worse one, probably my Keurig, what about you?
Anyways, happy to be sharing this recipe! Picky eater approved, nutritionist (me!) approved, low carb and keto approved! Happy eating everyone!
Try more recipes here:
- Italian Rainbow Chicken Skillet
- Shrimp Enchilada Boats
- Albacore Tuna Fajita Muffins
- Chipotle Smoked Tuna Skillet
Cheesy Salmon Fajita Skillet
By Maria Fernanda López
- 2 Wild-Caught Keta Salmon fillets
- 1/2 of one yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 of one red bell pepper
- 1/2 of one orange bell pepper
- 1/4 of one purple onion
- 3 Tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tsp tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of Menonita or Mozzarella shredded cheese
1. Preheat your air fryer at 400F.
2. In a foiled paper add your salmon with salt, pepper and lime juice.
3. Cook in your air fryer for 35 minutes.
4. In your iron skillet add the sliced onions and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add the sliced bell peppers and add more salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook veggies for 5 minutes and turn off the fire.
7. Once the salmon is cooked incorporate into the pan and mix a little bit to combine flavors.
8. Serve and top with cheese.
This post contains affiliate links.