Life is unpredictable, and those surprises sometimes end up being a great surprise that teaches us a lesson. In this case this recipe turned out being a huge win! Chocolate Croissant, who would have thought? And low carb? This unpredictable result was a double win!
The main idea on this recipe was to make a chocolate version of my Paleo Cream Cheese Empanadas, but just for the sake of trying something new with the dough these ended up being a delicious version of croissants.
- Low Carb
- Gluten Free
- Plant Based
For the dough on these we used my basics, Chocolate Plant Based Protein from Natural Force, I recommend this brand because of the quality of the ingredients and the minimal list of them. Plus plant based proteins are great for baked goods!
Coconut flour and almond flour will be used too! Two of the flours I recommend my clients when they are adapting new healthy habits since these are a great low carb, gluten free and paleo option. They also provide enough fiber (specially coconut flour) and some healthy fatty acids (almond flour for the win!)
To keep these sugar free or diabetic friendly we are going to use Granulated Golden Monk Fruit from Lakanto, my favorite brand! I trust the process and the quality of the brand and I have a discount code if you want to switch the inflammatory sugars! Use PURELYHL for Lakanto discount on any of their products.
These croissants are not as soft as the typical ones, they turned out more like a soft cookie, perfect for dipping into your latte or coffee. You are going to love them anyways! Even by themselves!
If you are hosting a tea party, poker game or coffee chat these are going to be perfect! I would also suggest you trying these other recipes from my blog:
- Orange Berry Paleo Muffins
- Cozy Lavender Hot Chocolate
- The BEST Paleo Beet Bread
- Raspberry Coconut Muffins
- Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins
You can also freeze them without any problem! I made these before leaving for a week and when I got back home they were still rocking my tastebuds, I just heat them a couple of seconds in the microwave.
Now are you ready to enjoy these Low Carb Chocolate Croissants?
Chocolate Croissant (Low Carb!)
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
Serves 6 pieces
- 2 scoops of Plant Based Organic Protein (I used this)
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of almond flour
- 1/3 cup of granulated monk fruit (PURELYHL for Lakanto discount)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of xantam gum
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of nut milk or water
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients and mix well (you may need to use your hands) until the dough is consistent.
4. Make a ball with all the dough and wrap it in a plastic wrapper and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
5. Roll the dough into a rectangle and with a pizza cutter cut six triangles and roll each one into a croissant shape.
6. Place in a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
Nutritional Information (per serving 141 kcal)
This post contains affiliate links.