Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like all of your energy has been drained? Well, today was one of those days. I slept so good that it has so hard for me to wake up and start to hustle, probably my body needed that good night of sleep.
Well, after an extra nap I'm fully recovered and with all the energy to bake some goods for my mother. I'm her go-to baker when it comes to friend reunions and I can't be mad about it since I love baking! Plus she pays me, you see? Not mad at all!
I decided to try something new, scones! Although I have another recipe, I want to add another one to the list of recipes I share in this blog. And of course, one of my biggest goals with this account is to prove that healthy eating isn't boring or tasteless.
As a nutritionist it's important for me to offer tasty and fun food to all my clients, community, family and friends to help everyone thrive. Happy that you are here!
These scones are:
- Keto friendly
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
As sweetener we are using my favorite, granulated monk fruit from Lakanto, use PURELYHL for discount on all of their products! This has no glycemic effect, so it's perfect for anyone.
As a base we are using almond flour, a low carb and nutrient dense substitute for wheat flour. Some coconut flour to increase the density and some flaxseed too! So we are getting some omega-3 and lots of fiber!
Toppings! These are also an essential part of the recipe, I used some almonds I had one my pantry and low carb chocolate chips, also Lakanto. And to keep things even more keto friendly I added some Cacao Keto MTC Powder, adding more flavor and more healthy fatty acids.
MCT stand for Medium Chain Triglycerides, this type of fatty acids it's easily absorbed and used as a quick source of energy!
Ready to start baking? Preheat that oven!
Try more recipes here!
- Cacao Butter Pumpkin Scones
- Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins
- Coconut Swirly Chocolate Cups
- The Easiest Chocolate Donuts
Chocolate Nutty Scones
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of MCT cacao powder
- 1/3 cup of monk fruit (PURELYHL for discount)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of goat ghee, butter or coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of crushed almonds
- 3 tbsp of low carb chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven at 350F.
2. In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients well.
3. Add the melted ghee and incorporate well.
4. Add the eggs and mix.
5. Pour the mix in a circular baking dish (I used a skillet)
6. Top with almonds and chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links.