Can we agree that December wouldn't be the same without some cookies? Specially, cut-out cookies, they bring up such a great holiday spirit into any holiday party or gathering. This time I decided to create a low carb and paleo version of this classic staple.
Since this is the season of giving and sharing (and receiving, notice the FRIENDS reference!) these cookies are perfect add to your stocking or simply share with your loved ones. These can fit their lifestyle and even surprise them by how tasty they are! They won't even notice they are healthy (wink wink!)
What you won't find in these cookies, free of any inflammatory ingredients:
- Vegetable oils
- Artificial Ingredients
For this recipe I used the usual and my baking staple, monk fruit! This is my natural and low carb sweetener of preference, use PURELYHL for discount and any of Lakanto's products! They all rock!
Other ingredients find in this recipe is going to be ghee, this is a similar to butter but this can be consumed carefully by people who are lactose intolerant since 99% of the lactose has been removed in the natural process of ghee. You can also use coconut oil as a replacement.
These cookies make require some time. Not in the making but in the waiting, the dough will require to stay in the fridge for at least an hour! This is have a denser consistency and a more easy dough to handle at the time we are cutting it into shapes.
The wait will be worth it!
I share some of the cookies with my family and I have to tell you that my dad is a picky eater (at least when it comes to healthy food) and these were a hit! The fact that my dad eats and enjoys some of my healthy baked goods makes my heart skip a beat!
We paired them with a black coffee, we are all team black here! But when it comes to a creamer I love Natural Force Chocolate Keto Creamer for a boost of flavor and MCT fatty acids.
Happy holidays everyone!
Here are some other recipes you might also love!
- Gingerbread Caramel Latte
- The BEST Paleo Beet Bread
- Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie with Chai Spiced Crust
Cinnamon Cut-Out Cookies (Paleo, Low Carb)
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
Serves 14 cookies
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of pea protein
- 1/3 cup of monk fruit (PURELYHL for discount)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of xantam gum
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of melted ghee
- 1/4 cup of water or nut milk
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the wet ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon or your clean hands.
3. Cover the dough with a plastic and put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven at 375F.
5. Roll the dough and use cookie cutters to make your cookies. Set the cookies in a baking tray.
6. Repeat the last step until there's no dough left.
7. Bake for 13 minutes.
Nutritional Information (per serving 112 kcal)
This post contains affiliate links.