These days have been a little bit crazy. I'm writing this post at the moment we are in quarantine, and I'm not sure when does this post is going live, but at the moment things have been going on so fast that our bodies and spirits are still having a hard time adjusting to the whole situation.
One thing that has been keeping me calm and more like myself is definitely cooking, it's such a great mind reliever when it's hard to stay away from all the information out there filling our social medias, WhatsApp conversations, etc.
How do you make yourself feel more grounded during rough times? Here are some of the things that I do:
- Cook nourishing and fun foods with food I've got already on stock
- Call a friend
- Pet my dog
- Family time if possible
- A solo dance party
Cleaning has also been a go-to for me! I've got no excuses left for leaving my shutters covered with dust, or that pantry unorganized. This was a result of some of the food items I found in my pantry: palm hearts and artichokes. Two favorites, and I totally forgot I had some cans in my pantry!
See? Good things happen when you clean! Plus, when it's hard to control the situation above us, having a clean space helps to clear my mind from those uncontrollable situations.
I encourage you to eat this nourishing meal in a relaxed state. Take deep breaths a few times, let all the stress go, enjoy this moment: the flavors, textures, the company of your family, the fact that you are safe in your home and that you have nourishing food in your plate.
While preparing this meal but on some relaxing music, enjoy the colors of the vegetables, slice them with love and enjoy the process, make cooking a whole experience! You are going to find that this recipe is easy, and besides that:
- Gluten Free
- Plant Based
- Low Carb
- Whole 30
It fits the lifestyle your body thrives on! Great single pan dinner or lunch, for meal prep or not to meal prep. The point here is that this is a SIMPLE, DELICIOUS and NOURISHING meal idea, that's what I am all about here in Purely Healthy Living.
For this recipe you are only going to need your chopping board, a cutting knife, an iron skillet (the obsession is REAL!) and done! Now, let's get started on the recipe!
Try more recipes here!
- Magic Mini Cauliflower Patties
- Creamy Spinach Salmon Skillet
- Turkey Meatzzas Four Ways
- Amazing Vegan Chipotle Burgers
Italian Rainbow Chicken Skillet
By Maria Fernanda López
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 cup of chopped purple cabbage
- 1 diced tomato
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 piece of orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of sliced palm hearts
- 3/4 cup of artichokes in water
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
-1 tbsp of Italian herbs
1. Cook the chicken in the method you prefer, I made mine in my air fryer with salt, lemon and black pepper for 30 minutes at 400F.
2. Heat the iron skillet with 1/4 cup of water and add onion and cabbage. Cook until soft.
3. Add the bell pepper, then the tomato.
4. Lastly add palm hearts and artichokes and add salt and seasonings to taste.
5. Serve while its warm, ENJOY!
This post contains affiliate links.