We all have our own holiday classic. Every culture has its own signature Christmas/Holiday recipe, and orange cranberry is one of those classic recipes we enjoy during this season. In this case per usual I created my own variation with the ingredients I already have in my pantry.
I used a superfood mix containing berries, chia seeds and hemp seeds making them and for the orange touch, sweet orange essential oil. Have you tried using essential oils for cooking? It's a simple way to add extra flavor with just a few drops.
The combination of berries and orange is just AMAZING, it's so flavorful! Definitely obsessed with this recipe! Those drops of orange essential oils really make a difference, I usually get my essential oils at Marshalls or Tj-Maxx.
Well, these muffins were made using paleo ingredients so these will be:
- Wheat Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
And on the other hand these are also low carb since I used monk fruit (this is my favorite brand, use PURELYHL for discount), it's a natural sugar that doesn't give us glucose spikes, it's keto and diabetic friendly.
With 5.8g grams of fiber coming from seeds, coconut flour, almond flour and flaxseed, a total net carbs of 4.5g per muffin. Keto friendly! But with all the good ingredients and flavors! These are just going to be the perfect treat for you to bake for you holiday parties at work, with your friends, family or to give away as a gift!
As most of my recipes, this is a simple recipe with simple steps. Healthy foods meets convenience and flavor, that't one of my mottos when it comes to cooking.
Here are other recipes you might like to check out!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie With Chai Spiced Crust
- Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins
- The BEST Paleo Beet Bread
Orange Berry Paleo Muffins
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup of monk fruit (PURELYHL for discount)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of nut milk or water
- 1/4 cup melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of dried berries (no sugar added)
- 3oz. of low carb chocolate pieces
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients, skip the dried fruit and the chocolate.
3. Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour the mix into twelve muffin cups.
5. Top with berries and chocolate.
6. Bake for 24 minutes.
7. Let them cool down and ENJOY!
Nutritional Information (per serving 152 kcal)
This blogpost contains affiliate links.