Oh my friends! You are up to trouble today. After a very long time wanting to create a Mexican empanada recipe, the other day I decided to make some mess in the kitchen and test my cooking skills to create Paleo Pockets. The original idea weren't empanadas but the other day I posted on Instagram a Hot Pocket I bought from a paleo delivery company and some many of you thought I made it.
After that post my mind started wondering around and intrigued by the idea of making my own recipe sounded appealing for me! So this happened, got the ingredients and guess what? First time was a charm... but for empanadas.
I still count this as a win since I was intrigued to make my own paleo empanadas, now that I've got the basics, expect more recipes to come! And also feel free to try this recipe, it's IRRESISTIBLE!
This is a whole new level, and the taste is INCREDIBLE, I promise I won't disappoint you! Details?
- Low carb
- Gluten free
I thought it was going to be hard to assemble them, but now really! I didn't use any fancy material so you can totally make these ASAP.
1. Once I removed the dough from the fridge. Using the same plastic I used to cover them I roll them out with my hands creating a circle.
2. Once the dough was nicely spreader I added the cream cheese.
3. I took one side of the plastic and fold the dough in half covering the center, creating a half moon shape.
4. With my fingers I pressed the surface from the dough making sure it was sealed.
Now the baking part! The most exciting part besides eating! I was SUPER PUMPED to get the first bite after they came out of the oven! And let me tell you, these are PURE MAGIC!
The one issue that I made only three empanadas, big ones! But only three. And yes, I ate one whole thing in one sitting!
These are perfect to pair with some:
- Almond milk latte
- Ghee on top
- Nut butter on top
The ideas as a lot! And I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Try more recipes:
Cinnamon Bun Coconut Donuts
Tahini Paleo Blondies
PHAT Fudge Snack Bites
Beet Chocolate Fudge Bites
Paleo Cream Cheese Empanadas
By Maria Fernanda López
Serves 3 big ones
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of pea protein*
- 3 Tbsp of coconut flour
- 2 tsp of xantam gum
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of monk fruit
-1/4 cup of water
- 3oz of dairy free cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp of monk fruit
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1. In a mixing bowl add the dry ingredients.
2. Add egg, apple cider vinegar and water if needed.
3. Mix with your hands or in a food processor until the dough sticks all together.
4. In a plastic paper wrap, wrap all the dough and place it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile prepare the filling by mixing the ingredients listed for the filling.
6. Preheat the oven at 350F.
7. Once the dough is ready, take it out of the fridge and using the same plastic I used to cover them I roll them out with my hands creating a circle
8. Once the dough was nicely spreader I added the cream cheese.
9. I took one side of the plastic and fold the dough in half covering the center, creating a half moon shape.
10. With my fingers I pressed the surface from the dough making sure it was sealed.
11. Place your empanadas in a non stick baking tray and bake for 22 minutes.
Let it cool down and enjoy!
Nutritional Facts (per serving) 310kcal
This post contains affiliate links.