Let me introduce you to one of my favorite combos ever, chocolate and peanut butter. Such a classic don't you think? But in this cake I'm taking this classic combo to the next level by combining it with two other of my favorite recipes; brownies and cheesecake.
This recipe is super simple, promise! And I'm speaking as someone who likes to keep things simple, just easy steps here. Also while using better alternatives, meaning that it's important for me to reduce the amount of inflammatory ingredients.
We are using gluten-free ingredients, no sugars and no vegetable oils. Instead we are using coconut flour, a great alternative to wheat flour and this one has more fiber! Great to feed that good gut bacteria, plus adding some extra gut love by adding some collagen.
Also a great replacement for vegetable oils, ones who are highly processed and most likely to be oxidized, we are using pili nut butter! A very similar butter to coconut butter. You can replace this for coconut butter, ghee or butter. These ones support higher temperatures and they have more nutrients, specially when you are getting grass-fed butters or ghee.
In this recipe we are using monk fruit as a sweetener, a sugar replacement extracted from monk fruit itself grown in Southeast Asia, it doesn't have a glycemic effect meaning that it doesn't affect glucose levels as the regular sugar does. It's great for diabetics and anyone following a low carb lifestyle. You can use PURELYHL for discount.
LEt's not forget about the cheesecake topping! Instead of using cream cheese I decided to test with ricotta cheese mixed with some of Lakanto's peanut butter flour and it was a great combination! I have been loving to work with ricotta for a change!
Anyways, these are amazing and I hope you like them as much as I did! These Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies are:
- Gluten Free
- Low Carb
- High Fiber
- Low Carb
Try more recipes here!
- Vanilla Birthday Cake Donuts
- The BEST Churro Cookies
- Banana Creme Pies
- Chocolate Croissants
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
By Maria Fernanda López
- 3/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1.5 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 scoop of vanilla collagen (optional)
- 1/3 cup of granulated monk fruit (PURELYHL for discount)
- 1/2 cup of coconut butter, pili nut butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter in powder (PURELYHL for discount)
- 2 tbsp of monk fruit
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients from the brownies and then incorporate the wet ingredients.
3. Pour your mix in an iron skillet or 8x8 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Mix the ingredients from the ricotta topping.
5. Once the brownies are baked and cooled down top with the ricotta mixture.
6. Cut into 8 pieces and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving 244 kcal)
This post contains affiliate links.