This last week we celebrated Thanksgiving two weeks earlier, that's because my sister was in town. As a otorhinolaryngology resident, she doesn't get a lot of vacations. Plus who can even be mad about an early Thanksgiving dinner? Not me.
In this case I wanted to give a little twist to the classic pumpkin pie with a chai spiced crust, a game changer! There's something so heartwarming about the spices in chai, and in addition to this pumpkin filling makes this recipe the perfect and cozy combination for the season.
For the base I used my favorite organic plant based protein, vanilla chai flavor. That I love about it is the quality and the taste, no weird ingredients here and no chalky textures. This protein has been used in a couple of other recipes I posted before:
- Protein Chai Vegan Cookie Skillet
-Chai Cookie Dough Bites
For the filling I used pumpkin puree and vanilla greek yogurt, a creamy filling for the win! If you are dairy free feel free to use dairy free yogurt or coconut cream. And for sweetener, you know that I love granulated monk fruit, a sugar replacement, a natural sugar replacement that doesn't give you any sugar spikes so it is diabetic friendly.
The one I use is Lakanto and you can have a discount on your order when you use the code "PURELYHL". You should try their blueberry muffin mix or their pancake mix as well! Both are delicious.
These pumpkin pies are the perfect serving size, I used my little tart molds but this recipe can easily fit into a skillet or a regular pie sized container. Your choice! And don't forget to add the toppings! I used low carb and grain free granola.
Taking this recipe into a holiday party? You can count on this to be:
- Low Carb
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Diabetic Friendly
Ready to start? Preheat your oven!
Don't forget to check these recipes too!
- Seed Cyclin Carrot Cake Fudge
- Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins
- The BEST Paleo Beet Bread
- Chunky Monkey Low Carb Pies
Pumpkin Pie with Chai Spiced Crust
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
- 2 scoops of Natural Force Organic Plant Based Protein - Vanilla Chai
- 2 Tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp of granulated monk fruit ("PURELYHL" for discount)
- 1/2 cup of water or nut milk
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 container (5.3oz) or vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp of granulated monk fruit
- 1/2 cup or low carb granola
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients of the base then add the wet ingredients until you get the dough in a huge ball.
3. Divide it into 4 and press it down into your pie containers. Bake for 18 minutes.
4. Mix all the ingredients from the filling and once the crusts are bake, divide the mix and pour it ver the base.
5. Add the toppings and refrigerate.
Nutritional Information (per serving 237 kcal)
- Fat: 13.6g
- Carbs: 9.8g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 19.2g
This post contains affiliate links.