It's me again! And this is the first post of the year, YAY! I'm excited to keep sharing recipes with this amazing community, you guys always make my heart skip a beat and I'm so grateful for you!
This was a simple and nutrient dense recipe that will make those goals of maybe cutting back on inflammatory ingredients from your diet like sugars, grains and vegetable oils. Plus adding a dose of natures rainbow, I'm using superfood powders to create the color on these bites!
Cookie Pie? Well, these taste like cookie dough, they are chunky and raw. Not quite a cookie or a pie, but the fusion of both is just mad! You are going to love it. These are soft to bite even though they are stored in the freezer, will melt in your mouth, and trust me, it's GOOD!
The base of the recipe are just simple and basic ingredients:
- Coconut flour
- Pili nuts
- Almond butter
- Monk fruit
As you can see there's no gluten, sugars, oils. Instead just healthy fats and fiber from the pili nuts, almond butter and coconut flour. If we want to look closer; vitamin E, magnesium, calcium and antioxidants, did I mention that these are also delicious?! Double win!
Well, and who would have thought that this random recipe will also be vegan, paleo, keto friendly and low carb? Just in one serving there's 3.1g of net carbs (7.5 total, 4.4g of fiber), 10.5g of healthy fats to nourish your hormones and stay satisfied for longer.
You just need to grab your mixing bowl, spoon, measuring cup and your muffin cups, I recommend using a silicone one to make things easier once they are ready.
And let's not forget the details of the colors! I used Suncore Foods; Pink Pitaya, Blue Butterfly Pea, and Purple Sweet Potato!
Check out more recipes here!
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cream Pies
- Keto Cannoli Heavenly Bites
- Seed Cycling Carrot Cake Fudge
- Chunky Monkey Low Carb Pies
Rainbow Cookie Pie Bites
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of monk fruit (PURELYHL for discount)
- 1 cup (90g) of pili nuts or soaked cashews
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- 1 cup of water or nut milk
- 1 tsp Pink Pitaya Powder
- 1 tsp of Blue Butterfly Pea
- 1 tsp of Purple Sweet Potato Powder
1. Mix the dry ingredients (skip the superfood powders till the end)
2. Process your pili nuts to little chunks and add to the mix.
3. Add the almond butter and mix.
4. Add the warm water or nut milk and will well.
5. Separate the mix into three bowls.
6. Add a different super food powder to each bowl and mix.
7. Pour the mix into twelve silicone muffin cups.
8. Freeze for at least three hours.
Nutritional Information (per serving 132 kcal)
This post contains affiliate links.