Chai tea it was probably the first tea I felt in love with. I just love how warming it's, the perfect combination of the sweetness of cinnamon and the bitterness from black tea... anyone else loves that about this tea?
Another of my favorite things that this recipe includes is, of course, cookies. I have always been a cookie monster and I'm always down for a good nourishing recipe. These cookies are nourishing for our bodies because I include good and nutrient dense ingredients without sacrificing the taste or texture.
The inspiration of this recipe was nothing but one daily rituals. Seed Cycling. Something that has been part of my life for now two years and counting! The key when it comes to healing your body, no matter what is consistency and patient, and of course... yummy recipes!
As you can see, these cookies have a delicious filling! You know that cookies come in all sizes, shapes and forms. In this case the base of these cookies is a chai spiced using my favorite Organic Plant Based Protein from Natural Force, a brand that I trust because of the quality and values and this protein flavor is AMAZING!
For the filling we are doing a mixture of tahini and sunflower seed butter. Simply delicious and creamy!
Also, another thing about this recipe is that we won't be baking it. Yeah, easy peasy cookie recipe coming your way. The best thing is that the filling remains soft with a firm crust. Also you can be expecting for this recipe to be:
- Low Carb
- Gluten Free
- No Inflammatory Ingredients
- Keto friendly
Each serving is loaded with healthy fats and micronutrients (zinc, magnesium, B vitamins and fiber), and for my friends thriving in keto or low carb, these cookies only have 7.3g of total carbs and 3.9g of fiber, this means that per serving there's only 3.4g of net carbs.
Also, for sweetener I use my old favorite, Lakanto's golden monk fruit, you can use PURELYHL for discount, YAY! This is such a staple for me, I have always got a few bags in stock because as you may know by know, I love creating sweet low carb and keto friendly recipes.
Now, are you ready to get started on these cookies?
Here are more recipes for you to check out!
- Epic Milk N' Cereal Cups
- Brownie Cookie Dough Bites
- Birthday Cake Cookie Cups
- Classic Cookie Skillet
Sesame Chai Cookie Cups
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
- 3 scoops of Vanilla Chai Plant Protein
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of monk fruit (PURELYHL for discount)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 + 1/4 cup of water or nut milk
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 2 tbsp of monk fruit
- 1 tbsp of raw sesame seeds
1. In a bowl mix your protein powder, coconut flour, cinnamon, monk fruit and mix well.
2. Add water or nut milk and mix again.
3. Divide the mix into twelve silicone muffin cups and shape them into mini pies to make room for the filling and freeze a couple of minutes.
4. Mix in a bowl the sunflower seed butter and the tahini plus some more monk fruit and mix well.
5. Pour the mix into each muffin cup and finally top with sesame seeds.
6. Freeze for up to three hours.
Nutritional Information (per serving 223 kcal)
This post contains affiliate links.