I'm not celebrating anyone's birthday at the moment, but this is not a rule for me to bake some birthday cake inspired donuts! Rules were made to be broken, right? Plus 7 billion people in this planet? Well, I bet there's somebody's birthday out there.
The key is on the sprinkles. The simulation of confetti on top of these donuts just makes them even more magical! Let all the magic rain.
This is such a simple recipe that can be made by anyone with a donut mold and an oven! I remember when I was in high school that me and my friends always gave each other homemade baked goods when we were celebrating the birthday of one of us. I totally bet that my 16-year-old version of myself could rock these donuts.
The typical donut will be make by three key ingredients:
- Vegetable oil for frying
- All purpose flour
The combination of these ingredients are a total inflammatory bomb, from the sugar to the gluten causing a major risk of leaky gut and finally the damaged oils from frying all the inflammatory ingredients. YIKES.
I'm glad to tell you that these donuts have none of those ingredients YAY! These are baked, sweetened with monk fruit, used coconut flour and gras-fed whey protein.
The sweetener (monk fruit) I use is low carb and it comes from natural sources, use PURELYHL for discount on any of Lakanto's products! And the grass-fed whey is from my favorite guys, the Natural Force line of products (I just trust all of their products).
The result of all the simple ingredients below will be a delicious treat for your tastebuds and a nourishing donut for your body! There's no need to sacrifice delicious taste when we are trying to keep our bodies healthy.
Here I'll list more delicious and nourishing recipes for you to try!
- Double Chocolate Cereal Bites
- Chunky Monkey Low Carb Pies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins
- Chocolate Birthday Cake Bites
Vanilla Birthday Cake Donuts (Keto/Paleo)
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
Serves 8 donuts
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein
- 1/3 cup of monk fruit (PURELYHL for discount)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of xantam gum
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of water or nut milk
1. Preheat the oven at 375F.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients.
3. Add the eggs, water and ghee. Mix well, you may need your hands to get a well mixed dough.
4. Pour the mix into eight donut mold and bake for 24 minutes.
5. Let them cool and top with chocolate and sprinkles.
Nutrition Information (per serving 135 kcal)
This post contains affiliate links.