The other day we were running some errands, groceries, car stuff (boooring!) and more groceries. Am I the only one who visits different stores? And overall the weather was lovely, I was only wearing a light jacket and the day before we had our windows opened as we usually do with the summer weather. The moment we got home it started snowing... HARD!
Like, how!? The weather has been crazy and apparently the temperatures are supposed to rise above the 70F this weekend. Woah.
Anyways, life can be unexpected so this is why I like to keep my immune system ready to any occasion specially with al the temperature variations we are having lately. And this is simple, nourish your body in a smart way and in not a boring one!
In a smart way I'm talking about going deeper! It's not only vitamin C, but did you know that our gut also place an important role when it comes to immune system health? This is why I'm also incorporating collagen and beef gelatin!
The filling on these tarts is made from beets and greek yogurt, and trust me, you can't tell there's a veggie in there! Perfect for picky eaters and also so attractive to look at. Beets are probably one of my favorite veggie or root to work with because it so versatile. Sweet or savory recipes, beets are great!
This recipe is going to be so simple, you don't need huge skills to have these babies done. These are:
- Low Carb
- Gluten Free
- High Protein
Yes, this are very high in protein so they could be a great snack or post workout food, because we are using greek yogurt, pea protein, collagen and beef gelatin. If you want to reduce the amount of protein reduce the amount of pea protein and replace it for coconut flour or almond flour.
Ready to bake these?
Try more recipes here!
- White Chocolate Tahini Fudge
- Coconut Heart Cookies
- Banana Creme Pies
- No Bake Beet Blondies
Vanilla Collagen Red Velvet Tarts
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
For the crust
- 3/4 cup of pea protein
- 2 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp of monk fruit
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of water or nut milk
- 1 + 1/2 cup of beet pureed (measuring 200g raw, cooked it and blended it)
- 2 (10.6oz) container of greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup of monk fruit - PURELYHL for discount
- 1 tbsp of beef gelatin
- 1 scoop of Ancient Nutrition Vanilla Multi Collagen
- 2 pieces (2oz) of ChocZero chocolate bark
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. In a bowl mix the ingredients for the crust, leaving add the liquid and egg at last.
3. Press the dough into 4 tart baking dishes.
4. Bake for 22 minutes.
5. In the meantime, prepare the ingredients of the filling.
6. Mix the ingredients of the filling and add beef gelatin slowly and mixing at the same time to prevent any lumps.
7. Pour the filling equally into the baked, add the crushed chocolate and cooled tart crust and refrigerate for a couple of hours or serve straight! ENJOY!
Nutritional Information (per serving 262kcal)
This post contains affiliate link.