Classics will never get old and they are truly a staple. A classic cookie skillet is a recipe you definitely need to save and consider when it comes to any situation, this is a low carb and paleo version that will make any picky tastebud go nuts in a good way. This cookie skillet it delicious.
I made this recipe before Christmas as treat after dinner, after all the turkey and yummy foods, no matter what type of lifestyle you follow this recipe is going to be a hit! And since we are in January (My birthday month), I'm taking the extra step and making it rain with low carb and keto friendly rainbow sprinkles!
You will be wanting to subscribe to my newsletter here for more birthday surprises and recipes HERE!
The time you are going to need to make this recipe is minimal, it took me about 8 minutes to prepare and 20-22 minutes in the oven. If you have an iron skillet go ahead and clean that bad boy, if not, feel free to use an 8x8 baking dish or a small cake dish!
Minimal and classic. Those words perfectly describe this recipe, time and ingredients. For ingredients we are going to be using some staples:
- Coconut flour
- Monk fruit (PURELYHL for Lakanto discount)
- Coconut butter
- Low carb chocolate baking chips
- Almond butter
Only of serving has 9.4g grams of fiber! The total carbs in a serving is 14.3g, that makes 4.9g of net carbs!
If you follow a keto diet or a low carb approach this is an important thing to consider since to reach the state of ketosis it's usually recommended to stay below 30g of total carbs at first, when your body is keto adapted our bodies can stay in ketosis when we stick below 30g of net carbs.
This is the good thing about experimenting with your body. But I will always encourage you to do what works for YOU and what makes your body feel the best! Now, who's ready to start cooking?!
Check out more of my classic recipes here!
Classic Cookie Skillet (Paleo, Low Carb!)
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of monk fruit (PURELYHL for discount)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of coconut butter
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of water or nut milk
- 1/4 cup (42g) of low carb chocolate baking chips
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add the melted almond butter and coconut butter and mix.
4. Add the warm water or nut milk, mix again.
5. Grease your iron skillet or put on waxed paper. Add the dough, spread evenly.
6. Top with chocolate chips and bake for 22 minutes.
Nutritional Information (per serving 192kcal)
This post contains affiliate links.