Amazing Chipotle Vegan Burgers (Low Carb, Low Net Carbs)
Okay, so I love creating sweet recipes in the low carb spectrum mostly. My blog feed can prove this by only scrolling through the first page, but right now I'm coming at you with a SAVORY recipe, who am I?!
So I have a list on my phone with all the recipes ideas I want to test and this one has been on that list for quite a long time! But the other day I made myself that time to prepare a new savory recipe since I had been wanting some veggie burgers for a while now.
In this recipe I'm using some lupine beans, a very interesting bean with a super high content of fiber, I'm speaking that it basically has 0 carbs if you subtract the fiber. So these burgers can be classified into a low carb recipe if you are counting net carbs.
In this recipe I used to methods; air frying them and roasting them in the oven. Both turned out being delicious! If you like them extra crispy I would suggest trying the air fryer if you have one, I usually don't add any oil to them, they still turned out awesome!
If you haven't tried making vegan burgers here's some tips:
- Be patient while you process them, you'll need to move the mix with a spoon frequently.
- Don't add a lot of liquid
This recipe is super simple, those lupini beans can be found online (like Amazon), and at healthy grocery stores! But you can replace them for any other beans, like chickpeas since they have a very similar water content and consistency.
And for ideas, the ideas for veggie burgers are a lot!
- In a burger, I used these Smartphone's Baking Low Carb Buns (My faves)
- In a salad
- As falafels
- As a snack
- if not vegan, add an egg on top!
Are you ready to cook some delish vegan burgers?
Here are also some other savory recipes from my site!
Amazing Chipotle Vegan Burgers
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
Serves 5 burgers
- 300 gr of cooked lupini beans
- 3 Tbsp of pea protein or coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp of tahini
- 2 to 3 Tbsp of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of chipotle powder
- 1 tsp of dried onion powder
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
1. In a food processor add all the ingredients and mix constantly moving the mix with a spoon until the mix can be easily shaped into a burger shape. It shouldn't be lumpy.
2. Make 5 burgers.
- Preheat the oven at 350F and roast for 30 minutes.
For the air fryer:
- Set it at 400F and preheat for 3 minutes. Cook each burger individually for 25 minutes.
Nutritional Information (per serving 109 kcal)
Fat: 3.3 g
This post contains affiliate links.