THE BEST Paleo Beet Bread (Keto)
If you have been hanging up with me or scrolling through my Instagram, or this blog you may notice that I like experimenting with the seasonal produce. This recipe is a clear example, nature has given us a lot of foods and we usually stick to the same ones, or even we don't know how to prepare them.
Beets are those roots (like potatoes, jicama, carrots and sweet potatoes) that we rarely get at the supermarket or the farmers market, we usually can spot this root on warm salads; roasted or broiled, but I'm here to tell you that there are a lot of ways of making beets!
My story with beets goes a while back, when my uncle used to cook beets, sliced them and gave me some with salt. I have always loved them, and actually fall and winter are the seasons for beets, you won't be wanting to miss out on this recipe!
If you haven't tried beets, I encourage you to add them into salads, soups, or even sweet recipes! I've got a few using beets, check these out
With this recipe I wanted to give the typical zucchini bread recipe (or my Zucchini Almond Muffins) a twist! So instead I used beets, almond butter and eggs as the main ingredients.
This recipe is wholesomely delicious, nourishing and loaded with the antioxidants found in beets; betanin and vulgaxanthin. Which has been proven to have anti-inflammatory properties, and betalains support our liver in its detoxification pathways.
As if we didn't have enough reasons to love and eat beets, this recipe is also:
- Low carb
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
The chocolate chips also played an important roll here! I used one of my favorite low carb brands and those chunks just took this recipe to the next level!
I'm so excited to share this recipe! Are you ready to bake? Preheat those ovens!
Here are more seasonal recipes you might love too!
THE BEST Paleo Beet Bread
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
Serves 12 slices
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) of raw beets
- 3/4 cup of almond butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of water or nut milk
- 2 Tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup of granulated monk fruit ("PURELYHL" for discount) or sugar replacement
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 3oz. of your favorite chocolate
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. In a food processor add the beets and pulse until you get them nicely chopped. Set aside.
3. Add into food processor add the almond butter, eggs, flaxseed, cinnamon, and water. Pulse until you get a smooth consistency.
4. Pour the mix into a bowl and add the monk fruit and baking powder and mix well.
5. Add the beets and pour the mix in a baking load dish.
6. Top with chopped chocolate and bake for 45 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving 166 kcal)
- Fat: 13.3g
- Carbs: 9.4g
- Fiber: 5.5gg
- Protein: 5.3g