- Maria Fernanda López
Seed Cycling Bites 2.0 (Flax & Pumpkin) Keto and Vegan
If you follow me on my Instagram, you already know that I have been seed cycling for almost a year now. It's just part of my lifestyle and it has been a game changer! I few weeks ago I posted my Tahini and Sunflower Butter Fudge (which is amazing!) and few of you commented that they wanted to try this method but they weren't able to keep up or to remember to add the seeds into their meals.
My secret to keep up with seed cycling? Have recipes ready!
Here's another one, featuring Flax and Pumpkin seeds, which will correspond for you follicular phase. The beauty of seed cycling is that these seeds provide the specific micronutrients that your body needs in that period of your cycle. There's no need for you to have a fertility condition to add seed cycling into your life, it's just a way to make sure you are getting the nutrition your body needs.
And even if you are not seed cycling feel free to try this recipe out! It's simply delicious! This is loaded with:
- Healthy fats
- Zinc, B1, Magnesium, Vitamin E
The consistency is creamy, thick and easy to bite! The perfect afternoon treat. No baking required! These can be easily saved in your freezer for weeks! *In this recipe I used pumpkin flour just to keep the pumpkin love going but feel free to substitute with almond flour (1:1 ratio), or coconut flour but I will guess you'll need more liquid.
Are you ready to start cooking? I promise that your kitchen will be clean since we won't be making a lot of mess. Now, take out your blender and let's begin!
More about my Seed Cycling posts!
Flaxseed & Pumpkin Seeds Bites
Seed Cycling (How I Got My Period Back)
Seed Cycling Bites 2.0 (Flax & Pumpkin Seeds)
By Maria Fernanda López
- 3/4 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup of ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin flour*
- 1/2 cup (60g) of pili nuts or nuts of choice
- 1 cup of nut milk
- 3/4 cup of monk fruit
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of water (if needed)
- 4 tbsp of beef gelatin (skip for vegan version)
1. Blend the pumpkin seeds and nuts in a blender until you get a dust consistency.
2. In a bowl add the blender pumpkin seeds and nuts, add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix.
3. Add the liquids and mix until you get a soft consistency. Pour the mix in 12 silicone muffin cups and freeze for 3-4 hours.
Nutritional Facts (per serving) 145 kcal
This post contains affiliate links.
#sunflowerseed #flaxseed #antiinflammatory #womenhealth #veganketo #keto #nobake #freezerfudge #paleo #lowcarb #seedcycling