- Maria Fernanda López
Caramel Key Lime Pies (Low Carb, Gluten Free)
Honestly I'm so excited to share this recipe. While I was making it i wasn't sure what to expect, but thankfully guys, this was a winner! Even better than expected and a major throwback to my childhood!
I remember years back that my mom and I loved to make key lime treats, with all the sugar. I mean, there's no shame on that, not one bit, but know we have switched the way we approach to foods. Since food is a powerful tool that either will nourish our bodies or work agains our DNA. We are choosing a healthier approach in order to make our bodies thrive.
This doesn't mean we have to sacrifice flavor or our favorite foods. The key is to pick better ingredients. Reduce inflammatory foods, highly processed foods and zombie foods. As easy of sticking to whole foods can make a huge difference.
In this recipe we are sticking to simple ingredients while maintaining the delicious flavor of this classic. You can trust me when I say that this recipe taste as delicious as the one my mom and I made back in the day.
Some of the better ingredients we are using are:
- Tiger nut and coconut flour instead of wheat flour
- Granulated monk fruit instead of cane sugar
- Greek yogurt instead of condensed milk
As sweetener I'm using my staple from Lakanto, I usually have these on stock all year long since they are perfect for sweet treats and other recipes. Use PURELYHL for discount on any of their products.
For the caramel touch I also used some of their keto friendly coffee syrup, you can also use the past code to get some and I think it adds that especial flavor to the recipe, besides the main star, lime juice!
Also, if you don't have tiger nut flour (I bought at Amazon) you can replace it for almond flour or more coconut flour.
Try more recipes here
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cups
Caramel Key Lime Pies
By María Fernanda López
- 1/2 cup of tigernut flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp of granulated monk fruit (PURELYHL for discount)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 (10.6 oz) containers of greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of low carb caramel syrup (PURELYHL for discount)
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of granulated monk fruit
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients for the crust, next add the liquids.
3. press the dough into four individual tart baking dishes.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Mix the ingredients for the filling and once the crusts are cooked pour the mix into the tart dishes.
6. Refrigerate or freeze.
Nutritional Information (per serving 165kcal)
Net Carbs: 6.5g
This post contains affiliate links.
#caramelkeylimepielowcarb #lowcarbtart #keylimetart #tigernutflour #coconutflour #keylimepie #glutenfreedessert #highproteindessert #lakanto #lakantorecipes #monkfruit #greekyogurtrecipes #lowcarb #highfiber #highfiberdessert #greekyogurt