Famous Coffee Pound Cake (Keto and Paleo)
Okay, so the other day I was having a meeting in my house and as a good old-fashioned host I always make my guest my own baked goods, it's a great way to create and try new recipes, and so far they have been successful, thankfully! I don't want to share a bad recipe with anybody!
I was really busy that day and the time was limited to I planned ahead a simple recipe and something what will be a good fit for anyone; gluten free, dairy free, paleo and low carb. I had no vegans coming over so I was not concerned about that topic.
Well, that night I had more than three request (in a group of 10) for me to bake that exact same cake for them... the next day. I was surprised an so honored by the reaction so of course I needed to share the recipe online too!
The ingredients are very simple as most of my recipes
- Almond Flour
- Coconut flour
- Coconut Cream
And all I used that day was my mixing bowl, measuring cup and a loaf baking dish. Just one bowl to make this recipe even more convenient. This is also perfect for any type of meeting or reunion since one loaf can serve 12-14 slices. Mine did 14 medium thin slices, of course the portions will be different depending on how thick you want your slices.
Monk fruit or stevia?
A combination of monk fruit and erythritol, my old favorite. I like this one specially because it doesn't have a bitter after taste after you just tried it. Some friends have told me that they get a weird aftertaste when they have any stevia, I personally don't get it or haven't noticed it really. So if you are one of those people, go ahead and try erythritol and monk fruit.
Pound cakes are heavy and dense. How to achieve that with no dairy?
Yes, pound cakes have that special feature, they are delicious, heavy and dense. NOT DRY, they are amazing. Most recipes of this kind will probably suggest heavy cream, condensed milk but not in this recipe. I used coconut cream, and they turned out perfectly MOIST!
What about the other ingredients?
- If you dislike coffee or you are just tryin to avoid it skip it! Add some cinnamon instead to add some flavor to it!
- Collagen, this a good addition for an extra dose of gut health if you are trying to heal your gut with a gluten free or paleo diet. Collagen has essential amino acids that promote gut healing.
- Other sugar substitutes can be any other granulated sugar such as coconut sugar, allulose, date sugar or even cane. Of course, cane will be my last option. But that's just my opinion...
So, ready? Let's get started!
Here are other delicious recipes you might want to try!
Famous Coffee Pound Cake
By Maria Fernanda López
- 1 + 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp of cacao butter
- 2 Tbsp of ghee
- 1/2 cup of granulated monk fruit (PURELYHL for discount)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of black coffee or latte
- 1/4 cup of coconut cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. In a bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Add the melted ghee and cacao butter, mix and then add the coffee, eggs and coconut cream.
4. Pour the mix in a greased loaf baking dish and bake for 50 minutes.
Nutritional Information (per serving) 163 kcal
Net Carbs: 2.3g
This post contains affiliate links.
#poundcake #keto #poundcakecoffeecake #lowcarb #glutenfree #lakanto #monkfruit #purelyhealthyliving #ketogenic #ketobread #ketodessert #lowcarbdessert #paleo #paleodessert #paleobread #lowcarbbread #ketorecipes #paleorecipes #dairyfree #cleanrecipes #lowcalorie #affordablerecipes