Low Carb Apple Cinnamon Rolls (Keto, Gluten and Grain Free)
Hello everyone! In this recipe I wanted to roll a little bit different, who doesn't love experimenting with new ways of baking foods?! I'm sure I'm not the only one! The results were epic and I'm sure you are going to love them!
This is recipe is perfect for the fall season since we are using apples (seasonal produce) and cinnamon it's just so heart warming and it always puts me in the mood to get cozy; cuddle watching some Harry Potter movies under a blanket, and my dog Franky sleeping by my side. That would be an ideal scenario, although any moment is basically perfect!
These Apple Cinnamon Rolls are low carb! I'm not using inflammatory sugars, gluten and they have a good portion of vegan protein, also no dairy which is an another inflammatory ingredient for some people.
The reasons to make these rolls are simple and I will list them below:
- Perfect for the season
- Easy to bake
- No inflammatory ingredients
- No raisins
- Low carb
Of course, the most important quality! And yes, you can freeze them. And please notice that there's no raisins (I used to hate them) but there's something I might think it's more appetizing for almost everyone, chocolate chips!
These were amazing and I can't let you pass on this recipe, it's a must try! For the filling I used unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon spices, chocolate chips and sweetened with erythritol, a natural sugar alcohol that comes from plant sources.
For this recipe you might need a baking roller to spread the dough, I will also suggest you to be careful to while you do it since the first time I bake these all I overdid the filling, my rookie advice will be to do it slowly and carefully.
Are you ready to roll?
Also, here are some recipes for you to try!
Low Carb Cinnamon Apple Rolls
By Maria Fernanda Lopez
Serves 4 Rolls
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of pea protein*
- 3 Tbsp of coconut flour
- 2 tsp of xantam gum
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of monk fruit
-1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp of erythritol
- 1 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 4 Tbsp (14g) of low carb chocolate chips
1. In a mixing bowl add the dry ingredients.
2. Add egg, apple cider vinegar and water if needed.
3. Mix with your hands or in a food processor until the dough sticks all together.
4. In a plastic paper wrap, wrap all the dough and place it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile prepare the filling by mixing the ingredients listed for the filling.
6. Preheat the oven at 350F.
7. Once the dough is ready, take it out of the fridge and using the same plastic I used to cover them I roll them out with my hands creating a circle
8. Once the dough was nicely spreader I added the filling mix.
9. Spread the dough evenly and spread the filling over the dough.
10. Roll the and cut into 4 pieces.
11. Bake for 20-15 minutes.
Nutritional Information (per serving) 212 kcal
Net Carbs: 6.4g
This post contains affiliate links.